Sunday, September 12, 2010

No Limit to Writing a Story

I came into poetry class with the background of writing lyrics for songs and knowing the “no limit” rule that you have with writing poetry. I learned a lot from how poets were inspired from their lives to write such memorable poems. One poem I loved reading this first week was Browning’s How They Brought the Good News From Ghent to Aix. Poets have a remarkable way of telling a story that makes the reader think about each line and stanza. What I love the most is that they can tell a whole story in just a few lines. For example in How They Brought the Good News From Ghent to Aix, “…and no voice but was praising this Roland of mine…” Browing sums up the whole story with this one line. He [the main character] congratulates and awards him with wine from the town and the love from his heart. The way poetry is written I love because it not only gives a reader a great read, and a great story, but some give life lessons to people that some would never think about. Already, poetry class is teaching me things I never knew, and I’m wanting to learn more and more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment