Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dance to the Beats!




Music is soulful, emotional, up beat, and get most people through their day. But, are you the type that just likes songs because the beat, or do you actually listen to the lyrics? For me, I listen to the lyrics and than the beat, because when I do so, the beat is like the icing on the cake. I first love the song for its amazing story its telling, than the beat just makes me want to jam on and on all day. Creative Arts allows a student to interact with their inner self. The creative side of themselves is all written and displayed on the page for a final project that will illuminate their minds and feelings. Poetry offers creativity to the poet and the reader. Childhoods, events, and stories are all within the lines of each stanza. Each line creates an image, which tells a story and gives the reader a sense of where the author is going with his or her poem. The Beat movement was encouraged by music such as jazz and blues. They formed the today’s “rap”. Many people may not know that the cursing and references in which rap is derived by, and that all came from the beat movement. The beats had to move around a lot because they were trying to find the right locations where people like them can collaborate and expand their ideas.

I love the beats because after leaning about them and their ideas and different language, they gave me a little hope to do as I please. Like the beats, they did not care as to what other people thought of them, all they did was expand and expand of their ideas and lyrics and songs and thoughts. I love how they could do that to give the world a change of reality. After everything they had gone through; to create the modern rap is surprising, but also amazing. I think about if the beats were never around and never got the chance do what they did, rap would not be here, and I would be very sad! Anyway, the beat movement inspired a lot of people to do as they please, so in my opinion, stop hoping and dreaming, and go DO!


2 comments:

  1. Zac,

    Very good job on this post I like it very much. I also listen to both, but sometimes I just follow a bass line or a drum beat and get lost to it. You should check out the band Phish, their lyrics area a bit ridiculous, but their live music is amazing and the way they jam, interact, and improvise is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zac,
    I really liked this post. I agree with exactly all that you said. It really grabbed my attention when you mentioned that people should listen to lyrics to let the beat get in their head. Also, how a lot of what rap is today has been derived from the beats movement. Looking off of Boaz's comment, I agree. Go check out Phish.

    ReplyDelete